Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Webinars, Cemeteries & Research

seems to be what my life has turned into.  I have been very busy researching the Kimball & Colby family lines.  I also went to Lebanon, New Hampshire to search for family at cemeteries.  It was really nice, I had never been there before.  It was interesting to look around and try to envision the people that were my ancestors and where they might of been, living and working in the area.  It is a very nice place to visit!  I do plan on going back, they are fixing up the old church on Main St. behind it is a cemetery that we spent some time taking pictures.  Very interesting!! 

We went to Grafton, New Hampshire, found a few cemeteries and we stopped and took pictures but didn't find the cemeteries with my family in it.  Maybe they don't have headstones now or then?????  Don't know but I will do some more research and see what I can come up with!  I need to find ONE gravestone to prove that he was buried there and that is Jedidiah Hoit's son John and anyone in his family.  It just doesn't seem logical that he lived in Grafton, New Hampshire and everyone has him listed as dying and being buried in Utica, NY.  Doesn't make sense to me at all.  I am sure he is buried at Grafton, New Hampshire, just have to prove it.

I have been listening to a lot of webinars online and learning some really valuable information.  They have been of BIG help to me and my research and work that I am doing with the Bridgton Historical Society.

No comments: