Friday, November 11, 2011

Veteran's Day 2011

Veteran's Day, good time to remember our Veterans and Active Troops, should remember them every day but it's nice to have a special day set aside to remember and give thanks to those that served and sacrificed for our freedom.
I have many Veteran relatives and ancestors and friends and I am proud of each and every one of them.  I spent last night going through fold3.com looking at all the military records of my many ancestors who served in one capacity or another.  I am very proud and thankful for their service.

My Uncles all served in the military.  Uncle Steve & Uncle Bob in Korea, Uncle Stoney & Uncle Farl in WWII, Uncle Don and Uncle Les were in the Navy and Army.  My Grandfather Ambrose M. Cannon was in WW 1.  That is his picture above, I don't know why this blog thingy decided to move it up there, but there he is.  The below is an article that he wrote a letter to the editor to his hometown newspaper.


To reflect on what my ancestors accomplished, I have to say that I don't think that I evolved well.  I think that if Darwin met me he would throw his papers up in the air, rip out some hair and start all over again on his theory of evolution.
I don't think that I would have the "fight" in me to walk to a war, let alone kill someone.  But they did for what they believed in and for the luxuries that we have today in our freedoms.  Men and Women continue to fight for our freedoms today and they are wonderful people!  The best of the best!

No comments: